http://livecleanhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/IMG_1356.jpg 3021 4032 Doug Ferner Jr http://livecleanhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/liveclean-logo.png Doug Ferner Jr2018-04-04 13:09:542018-04-04 13:09:54Benefits of HIIT/Burst Training
BENEFITS OF HIIT/BURST TRAINING
- Boosts Metabolism: High intensity interval training has been shown to boost metabolism for up to 48 hours! Studies show that HIIT increases your metabolism after exercise more so than running and/or traditional weight training.
- After-Burn: When performing HIIT, you breach a metabolic threshold that requires more oxygen during recovery. This means you continue to burn calories (and fat) long after you’ve finished working out.
- Hormonal Balance: HIIT can help balance hormones responsible for weight gain and unhealthy eating habits. These include ghrelin (the “hunger hormone”), leptin (the hormone that lets us know that we’re full), and testosterone.
- Shed Fat: HIIT can result in fat loss but, notably, visceral fat (belly fat), or the disease-promoting fat surrounding your internal organs.
- Add/Maintain Lean Muscle: HIIT can help you build lean muscle, while losing fat, and improve body composition (think: toning, sculpting, etc.).
- Improve VO2 Max: VO2 Max is a measure of cardiovascular fitness and can be used to gauge an athlete’s capacity to perform sustained exercise.
- Convenient: HIIT workouts can be done anytime, anywhere—in as little as 10-20 minutes!